Only the finest natural ingredients go into Daddy Van’s Decorative Wax: beeswax, carnauba wax and natural pigments – no more, no less!
Apply it over milk paint and…
ADMIRE THE ANTIQUE LOOK!
- You can use our decorative waxes several ways: from emphasizing just certain parts of your piece to making its entire surface look more textured or even as a stain! The choice is yours!
- Safe to use on furniture, children’s toys and even kitchen cabinets and cutting boards.
- No petroleum byproducts, no solvents, no artificial fragrances.
- Improves air quality.
- Protects your wood from water-spotting.
- Fine texture — extremely easy to apply!
AGE PAINTED FURNITURE WITH DARK WAX EASILY:
- It is best to apply a coat of clear wax before rubbing on dark wax. (Otherwise the colored wax will stain the paint.)
- Using a brush or a cloth, work the decorative wax into crevices and cracks of your piece. (A little goes a long way!) Cover small areas at a time rather than trying to coat the whole piece all at once. Wipe off with a clean rag, removing most of the decorative wax.
- To remove even more dark wax, you can use clear wax or you can carefully sand your piece with steel wool.
- You may apply several coats.
- Apply it sparingly, trying to achieve a thin, even coat. Too much wax will make the surface sticky.
- You can buff your piece to shine if that’s the look you are after.
- If the surface gets damaged, just sand that part slightly and simply apply the wax again. 🙂
Available in Farmhouse White and Antique Brown as well!